Friday 20 December 2013

Elixir De Vie

Hi all,

Welcome back!

I have to emphasize that I'm not in anyway related to Dr Arthur Tjandra or Elixir De Vie. I'm here to share with you my experience with those who are interested to get their lipo done by Dr Arthur.

Rate for liposuction

The rate is SGD805 per area, both left and right (e.g. right inner thigh and left inner thigh = $805). I know it's damn cheap compare to those lipo done in Singapore. But for your information, Dr Arthur will insist that we must do all 7 areas for thigh (inner, outer, front, back, knee and buttocks/ hips), 5 areas for tummy and 4 areas for arms to achieve a 3D-sculpting look. End up still have to fork out a few thousands (:

Payment can be done by cash and credit cards. I didn't want to bring SGD5,635 worth of cash to Medan and I didn't know that payment can be made by I-banking so I paid my surgery by credit card. Dr Arthur will use the spot rate to convert the SGD to IDR and you will have to pay in IDR. I end up paying SGD 300 extra due to the exchange differences.

Accomodation

The clinic provides guest rooms for patient to stay. Cost SGD50 per night per pax, additional SGD10 per night if you intend to bring someone along or share the accomodation with your friend. If you prefer to have an attached bathroom (highly recommend) will be additional SGD10 per night. Trust me, please get a room with an attached bathroom because during your first few days after lipo cos you can hardly move around.

Transport services

With effect from July 2013, the airport was relocated to some ulu places outside the City. Car ride will take around 1 hour (can't remember) and the traffic is very bad. Horn is free in the city (: you will know what I mean when you are there.

Unlike Sg, Medan does not have good transport system like MRT or bus services. There is a new airport railway, more information can be found here: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=2337415. I've also heard of delay or cancellation of the railway services, therefore I would not recommend this option. But if you opt for this option, please contact Jennifer and request the driver to pick you up from the Medan City railway station. I think it's free.

The most convenient method is to arrange to get the driver to pick you up at the airport. I chose this option as I reckon it is the safest and most reliable method. Please note that the pick up from airport is not free, it cost SGD22. And another SGD 22 for driver to send you back to airport on the last day. The driver is very friendly but does not know how to speak english. However, IMO he drive recklessly. Kind of scary sometimes. But maybe it's there culture.

Food

Breakfast is included. But not for lunch and dinner. You can order from the menu and each meal will not cost more than SGD6.

Other services

A lot of shopping malls around the clinic (e.g. Sun Plaza, Cambridge City Square and Carrefour). When you are bored, you can ask the driver to send you to these shopping malls. I only manage to do it on my third day because the painkiller made me so drowsy plus I could not stand for too long on the first few days. The maid will pass you a phone for you to call the driver when you are done with the shopping.

With love,

TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment